Image Map

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips

Our family loves tortilla chips but we are such a small family we don't eat them fast enough to stay fresh. Not to mention they aren't that good for you. Well one day my little girl June kept asking for chips. I kept saying we didn't have any but I kept offering her some of our Healthy Homemade Tortillas. She kept saying "No, Chips!" Well instead of saying, "no, this is what you get" like I would usually do, I thought, "HEY! Why don't I cut up my leftover tortillas I always have in my fridge and bake them?!" So I did, we can't go back to chips in a bag. The warm fresh tortilla chips are to die for! June and I ate these in about 5 minutes. We were so excited we made more, and ate more. Well needless to say we had a tummy ache from eating so many carbs but man it sure tasted good! We keep making them for a snack or for nachos. Delicious!



Healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips:

Make some Healthy Homemade Tortillas or use the leftovers you have previously made and pull them out of the fridge.


Cut the tortillas with a pizza cutter into "chip shaped triangles."
Place the triangles on a cookie sheet
(No need to grease they don't stick)


Bake at 400 degrees until chips are golden brown on the edges.
(About 6-10 min depending on the thickness of the tortilla. Thick tortillas take longer than thin tortillas)


Serve warm with your favorite salsa or guacamole!


Linking up here


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea girl! Love that they are healthier than the bagged chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy, I haven't done this in so long but I remember them being very good. I will have to try this again soon.
    Visiting you from Much Ado About Monday.
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do this at the house all the time, usually because we run out to the "bag stuff" too fast! Sometimes I add some cinnamon sugar right when it has only a few minutes to come out of the oven for a little sweet something! Thanks for sharing, I came to visit you via nap-time creations.

    ReplyDelete